Halkidiki is famous for its majestic beaches and lush. It combines blue and green, in a way that only a few places in the world can. Beyond the crystal clear waters and the golden beaches, Halkidiki has also another side, mountainous Halkidiki.
North Halkidiki consists of the Holomount mountain range, with picturesque villages, rich forests, rivers, natural springs and lush landscapes, that are suitable for travelers who are looking for tranquility and relaxation. In addition, there are many historical monuments worth visiting in North Halkidiki.
A place that you should definitely visit is Arnaia. In this small town, there are houses and buildings that consist excellent examples of traditional Macedonian architecture. That's why Arnaia has been characterized by the Ministry of Culture "Historical place" and "Traditional Settlement". Also in Arnaia it is worth walking to the paved alleys, as well as to visit the Mansion of Arnaia, which hostess the Historical and Folklore Museum.
In a distance of 15 km from Arnea, Stagira are located, the birthplace of philosopher Aristotle. In this place there is the park of Aristotle, which definitely worths to be seen. If you want to learn more about Aristotle's Park you can read the corresponding blog post.
Some other places in North Halkidiki that are worth mentioning are:
- Poligiros: Poligiros is the capital of Halkidiki. There is the Archaeological Museum and the Folklore Museum with significant artifacts which were excavated in the area of Halkidiki. In the summer, various cultural events that are of great interest are organized.
- Agios Prodromos: Agios Prodromos is known for the taverns, the local cuisine and the famous his souvlakia. You will find a small picturesque square, the river Resetnikioti (Olynthio) which crosses the village and it's surrounded by lush vegetation, and the small post-Byzantine chapel of the Saint Prodromos.
- Megali Panagia: Its location is enchanting, surrounded by hills with dense vegetation. In addition, there are many churches and chapels in the area, with the most important, the Assumption church, which is located two kilometers away from the village.
- Taxiarchis: In Taxiarchis you will find traditional taverns, traditional stone houses, guesthouses, many churches and a beautiful square. Generally the area is surrounded by dense forest of fir and pine trees.
- Galatista: Galatista doesn't attract many tourists, however it is worth visiting for a day trip. It has a strong historical interest as it has several churches and mansions. Its most famous and important attraction is the Byzantine tower.
If you are interested in visiting North Halkidiki, you will not regret it. You can find more details about the areas, located in North Halkidiki, here.
Предложения отелей North Halkidiki
Виллы и апартаменты North Halkidiki
Пляжи, рестораны, бары рядом North Halkidiki
Недавние обзоры Google North Halkidiki
Map North Halkidiki
Исследуйте больше мест в Халкидики
Поделиться этим & amp; пусть ваши друзья узнают о том, где вы находитесь, или куда вы планируете идти дальше