We usually hear the characteristic phrase "Like Halkidiki, nowhere". But why Halkidiki stands out compared with other destinations and why many people choose to visit Halkdiki and prefer it for their holidays? In this blog post you will find 8 reasons to visit Halkidiki.
1. Enchanting beaches: All three peninsulas of Halkidiki have beautiful beaches. There are various kinds of beaches for all tastes. Impressive rocky beaches, sandy, other more popular and other more secluded. The sure thing, is that all of them have crystal clear blue waters and are surrounded by lush. This is the reason why every year many beaches of Halkidiki are awarded with "Blue Flags".
2. Entertainment: Halkidiki and Greece in general are known for their nightlife and party until the morning hours. The party starts very early at beach bars, restaurants, bar-restaurants, until late at night in clubs. If you are in Halkidiki, you must definitely relax, have fun and make your holidays unforgettable.
3. Activities: There are many activities that you can do in Halkidiki. Water sports, scuba diving, daily trips, spa, museums, festivals and events are some of the things that you can enjoy. There are really countless choices that will satisfy all tastes and will fill your time creatively.
4. Gastronomy: Many products that are produced in Halkidiki, form the basis of the Mediterranean diet. There is a wide variety of traditional products that you can taste and most of them have established the area in the global market. You can see here the products in detail and learn more information about them. Therefore, during your visit to Halkidiki, you should not hesitate to try traditional dishes made with fine local products.
5. Mount Athos and Religious Tourism: Mount Athos is on the third "leg" of Halkidiki, on the peninsula of Athos. It is the oldest monastic community and is a self-governing part of the Greek state, with beautiful natural sites, imposing monasteries and Mount Athos. Only male guests can enter, but you can admire this magical destination by doing a cruise in the area. More generally if you are interested in religious tourism Halkidiki has many churches, monasteries and places of religious interest that will fascinate you.
6. North Halkidiki and historical monuments: Halkidiki, beyond the beaches and beautiful natural landscapes, has also another side, mountainous Halkidiki. North Halkidiki consists of the Holomount mountain range, with picturesque villages, rich forests, rivers, natural springs and lush landscapes, that are suitable for travelers who are looking for tranquility and relaxation. In addition, there are many historical monuments worth visiting in Halkidiki. A visit to Stagira, where Aristotle was born, in the theme park "The Aristotle Park", the Petralona Cave, an imposing setting of historical interest, are some of the places that you should definitely visit.
7. Excursions: Halkidiki's geographical position gives you the opportunity to visit places and locations that will remain unforgettable. There are many nearby areas that are worth visiting and you can combine with your trip to Halkidiki such as Mount Olympus, Thessaloniki, Loutra Pozar, Amphipolis and many more. You can find information about excursions from Halkidiki here.
8. Easy access: Finally, one important reason to choose Halkidiki for your holidays is the easy access. When we go on vacation we always want to relax, so easy and quick access to a destination is very important. It is about 75 kilometres away from Thessaloniki, so it is really easy and fast to reach it by car and enjoy the road trip.
If you are planning to visit Halkidiki, you can see 10 things to do in Halkidiki this summer here and also How to spend a day as a Greek at the first peninsula of Halkidiki and get ideas on how to enrich your holidays.